from Volcanoes National Park & Waterfalls Explorer
Want to see it all in one day? This tour covers everything that makes Hawai`i Island unique. See Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, the two largest volcanoes of Hawai`i Island, on the way to famous Rainbow Falls and quaint Hilo-town, the site of two devastating tsunamis. Includes a brief stop at the KapohoKine Adventures store to top off on provisions before heading to Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park where your Park Ranger-trained guide will walk you through Thurston Lava Tube, past active steam vents, and into the Jaggar Museum. The return to Kona includes a stop at the beautiful Punalu`u black sand beach where endangered sea turtles feed and rest. A picnic-style lunch is included. Tour duration is approximately 10 hours.
Molten lava will not be seen. Volcanic activity changes constantly and cannot be guaranteed. Comfortable walking shoes required. We’re happy to accommodate special dietary needs and restrictions, including children’s meals, with advance notice. Order of itinerary may change. Tour runs rain or shine.
Guests should be able to negotiate stairs and walk for 20 minutes unassisted, all ages can be accommodated with the following restrictions:
- State law requires child safety seats for all guests under 4 years of age (we’re happy to supply seats at no charge with advance notice)
- Booster seats required for all guests between ages 4 and 7 and under 4 feet 9 inches tall and 80 pounds weight (we’re happy to supply seats at no charge with advance notice)
- Guests under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult
- Volcanic emissions, including sulfur gas, may affect those with respiratory concerns
- Participants should be prepared for immediate evacuation in accordance with directions given by County, State and/or Federal officials